Monday, January 15, 2007

°|Augusto In Cartagena|°

Hi, my name is Augusto V, I’m 12 years old, I have a sister called Natalia, and she is older than me, she is 15. My Dad is in the military, I hope he retires in any moment, because he is risking his life; my mom is the house keeper and she is very useful for my family. I was born here and I have to move to the capital city of Bogotá for 5 or 6 years because of my father's work, then I move to Cartagena for some years I live in Cartagena, Colombia, and I study in a great school called ¨Colegio Jorge Washington¨ this is a bilingual school and I have many friends here.

In my school teachers are very friendly and funny, but when it gets down to study things go serious. I am in 7*B, with Mr. Hide, he teaches us English, and Social studies, we have other teachers like Miss. Hall, that teaches us math, and Miss. Alba, that teaches us science. This are very interesting subjects and, I like some of them. To get to school I have to wake up at 6:00 A.M, to get to school at 6:30 A.M, school finishes at 2:30 P.M

My life here at Cartagena is very cool, I get to hang out with my friends to places like Mc Donald’s, El campito 2010 that is an artificial soccer field that is very cool, also I like to go is to the cinema in which the people show very good movies. Sometimes when I have anything to do I have my XBOX 360, which is very useful for me, because I play it when I’m bored. In the teen life projects I might use some of the subjects like, Global warming, and technology, because these are very important subjects that can rely us in the future, like in a way that is daggering our life and shortening our life expectancy.

Pollution,
Some thing that is affecting our world right now is something called Global warming. This is that many affects are happening because the green house effect. More cars are been bought, and being used, throwing harmful gases into our atmosphere, shortening everybody’s life period and making us suffer from damages. This is not one's persons fault is everybody's fault, because many people are not doing the right thing to do, which is to buy cars or use a type of transportation that throws harmful gases.

Technology,
Technology like we know it, can be good but also bad, a great example (for good) is that there are better machines are being used to save peoples life...but most do not. Machines also make jobs better than humans, so the cause is that humans are being replaced, making humans lose their jobs and to reach an economic dead line or problem. I think that humans can do, is to make machines that do something good, and that they don’t replace humans...

These are things that I would want to involucrate in my Teen Life Project.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dttmaHey Augusto,

First of all I would like to apologize for the extremely long reply to your comment because lately I have become very lazy.

Yes, it’s true that I do watch the UFC but mostly on youtube because we cant get the televised shows here. I don’t really like Tito Ortiz because he takes the fight to the ground which is pretty boring in my opinion, but he has a pretty big head though. I kind of like stand-up striker like Chris Leben if you know him; he is the dude with the short red hair.


Okay now to the Teen life issues. I totally agree that there is a lack of technology and no one really cares and still wander off with their normal lives as if it was nothing. It’s great to hear that both of us get to enjoy the privilege.