Monday, October 23, 2006

Short Story Draft

A bright sunny Friday in the month of October, my friends and I were hanging out at the Campito 2010, the idea to play a soccer match came blazing to my head, I told everybody. They loved the idea, so I went immediatlyto make out the teams, I was playing with Juan, Jorge, Raul, and their teams. My team was with Jorge, and Raul. In the other team there was Juan, with his team that were other people.

Juan Gets angry easily with whatever thing they say to him, Raul makes lots of goals and he plays very good, Jorge he also plays good but he plays fair, and I am smart enough to figure out the other team’s tactics, and I also play good.

The match started, we had the ball," Jorge, Jorge, here pass!" I exclaimed.

Jorge yelled at me, "Here take...Look, Raul is open go ahead pass to him! Fast!"

The ball was going directly to Raul´s chest, he stopped the ball with his chest, he was wide open, he looked at the goal of the other team, he shoots... He Scores! "GOAL!"

All my team yelled, we went to celebrate "Yes! Good Raul, nice work!" Jorge said.

As always Juan was angry because of Raul´s goal. "Hey everyone we are winning one to zero" I announced, so that I make Juan even angrier.

At the center of the field, the other was kicking off to go off again. Juan received the ball, I went immediately to attack, I slide to the ball but Juan maked a tremendous jump, and he jumped over me with the ball, Juan went running very fast, he looked at our goal, Juan tooked the shot, the ball went to fast for human eye, it was extremely fast, our goalkeeper tried but he missed, it was a goal.

Now our team was a little angry about that goal, but never as angry as Juan.

"So, what’s the score?" Juan asked our teammates just to makes us even angrier.

Jorge answered "Hey Juan, we know your angry but can you stop? And we’re tied one to one",

But get ready for more goals!" Juan said laughing. The game was challenging, we were tied one to one.

There was only five minutes to play, this was the last try for my team to score a goal. Jorge passed to me.

I was near the center of the field going to the enemy side."Hey! I’m open, high pass!" Raul said, immediately I looked at him and I pass the ball, everything was happening in slow motion.

Raul stopped the ball with his chest, he let the ball bounce once, and then he kicked... "GOAL!" I yelled with Jorge. Raul went up immediately to Juan's face and yelled "Goal! Your team sucks"

Juan's face was red because of the anger. When Raul went to celebrate Juan kicked Raul on the ankle so hard that the bone obviously broke, or even twisted.

I was extremely worried, I only saw Raul´s face and it seemed that something was wrong. Jorge went to Raul who was laying painfully holding his ankle, on the floor, Juan was at his goal ignoring our calls, talking to his goalkeeper about us , trough the lobby, where a lot of people was looking at us, we were carrying Raul to the hospital, to get his ankle revised for if something was wrong, he was cring because of the pain, I saw his face a lot of times, he looked like as if he was going to die, the pain must has been incredible. Later after we arrive to the hospital Raul, the doctor sent Raul to X-rays, that showed that Raul's ankle was broken, we were worried for Raul, we all visualized how will his life will change with the ankle broken, will he play again? We dident know .The doctor put cast on Raul's foot. The problem was a big deal , Juan didnt have a reason to kick Raul on the ankle, at last Raul got better. Many days later Juan apologize to Raul, now they are good friends again.

No comments: